Thursday, May 30, 2013

Review of "The Night Horses" by Anaka Jones



I have always thought horses to be beautiful animals and love to take photos of them when I get a chance.
So, it was great fun when I received a copy of the children's book, The Night Horses by Anaka Jones.

The story starts out on a typical farm-like setting with the horses eating, running on the land, having new babies and getting showers. Some of the horses are even named.  This seems all so commonplace for a farm.

However, when the sun goes down and the people are done for the night, the horses night time activities are anything but typical! Let's just say...PARTY!

Truly if you want to know what happens at night pick up a copy and read this book. It will have you laughing.

Anaka Jones has an obvious love of horses as the illustrations in her book are bold, beautiful and sometimes, downright funny. As I said before, read the book and you will know what I mean.
---------------------

What makes this book even more fun is knowing that Anaka Jones is only 12 years old. That is right she is 12!

It goes to show me and hopefully you my readers, that no matter how old you are, if you truly love something then you can write about it and then read it too.

This book gets:

Anaka Jones, was born and raised in Ann Arbor Michigan.  She lives with her parents and has two older brothers, a frog, a lizard and two dogs.



Where you can find Anaka Jones:

Facebook
Amazon

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for my open and honest opinion. The opinion expressed are 100% mine. ~Naila Moon

No comments: