Tuesday, October 6, 2026

The Ghost Train by Cath Jones #review #chapterbooks #CountdowntoHalloween2026




About the book:

Dan loves trains, so when he and his mom move into an old railway station it's a dream come true! he's even more amazed when, one night, an ancient train signal flickers to life...and a ghostly steam train chugs by his window.

My review:

I am certainly a train lover and a ghostly Halloween enthusiast, so reading this book was a delight. What fun it would be to live in an old train station!

It was cute to find out how the kid, Dan, discovered family that he was related to by riding the ghost train that came every night. The whole story was about family, friendship, and somewhat about responsibility.

I would have liked to have seen a little more substance to the story but considering it is a chapter book; it was okay too. The pictures were cute and added to the story.

I give this book 3 1/2 pumpkins.

Disclosure: I obtained this book at a local library. The views here are 100% my own and may differ with yours. ~Michelle, Reading Authors Network.

Find the author:

Amazon

No comments: