![]() |
About the book:
The curse of the 10th birthday is about to strike when family pets disappear. But where do these animals go and why? Digby Griffin, his sister Mog, and best friend, Tai are about to find out and discover Beastopia.
My review:
When I began reading this book, it started out a bit slowly. It described the family and their pets and that they simply disappeared on the happenstance of a 10th birthday. Weird! As pages went on, a weird washer turned portal and kind of an underworld became apparent as to where these animals had disappeared to.
I enjoyed finding out about their alter status and how they remained it what was called Beastopedi The children had special roles and how those came about is the meat of the book. Of course I am not going to reveal that. Read the book!
A few illustrations in black and white are dispersed throughout the book. They do not really lend much to the book but are well placed. This book is meant for upper elementary. If you or your kids like fantasy creature and what they do, this book is for you!
I give this book 31/2 pumpkins.
~Michelle, Reading Authors Network

No comments:
Post a Comment