Saturday, May 17, 2014

Review: The FLIP by Michael Phillip Cash


Summary:
Julie and Brad Evans are house flippers. They buy low, clean out the old occupants junk, and try to make a profit. Enter Hemmings House on Bedlam Street in scenic Cold Spring Harbor, Long Island. Too good a deal to pass up, but with an ominous secret. The old Victorian Mansion has dwellers that do not want to be dispossessed. As the house reveals it's past, will the couples marriage survive The Flip?

My review:
I have always thought it would be cool to be a house flipper. It amazes me that people can buy what looks like a run down piece of nothing and turn it into a showplace. That is why when I started reading this new book by Michael Phillip Cash, I thought that it was going to be a bit of fun mixed in with a bit of scary. I was not disappointed in the least.

I will tell you though what it is not. If you are looking for a straight up, hiding under your covers, blood and gore type book, this is not it! Honestly, I was glad about that. 
Also, the book starts off a little slow but picks up as it goes. I saw the necessary reason for this and eventually it becomes a very fast read. Again, no disappointment there.

What this book is though, is the paranormal coming out to play in very interesting ways. The main characters are trying desperately to make this house into a good flip only to be taunted by the previous inhabitants who have no intention of leaving anytime soon. This causes strife between the couple and the one person that works for them too. 
A budding love story is present but not so overwhelming that it comes off as more of a romance novel than paranormal book. 

As with other books that Michael Cash has written, he expertly combines the past with the present making for a good story within a story, a little bit of history is thrown in this one too. I loved this and totally made sense for the entire book.
What I also loved is how some characters from previous books make a triumphant return. However, I will not reveal those but it was a nice twist in the plot and made for fun reading.

I do caution readers that there is a bit of adult language in this book and mild sex scenes but nothing too raunchy not to want to read it. 

Fantastic read and another 5 stars for Mr. Cash.
~Naila Moon

Disclosure: I purchased this book for my collection. The views expressed here are 100% my own and may differ from yours.



Where to find the author:


No comments: