Thursday, November 10, 2022

Review: Don't Fart In the Pool by Ben Jackson & Sam Lawrence #picturebook #NationalPictureBookMonth


About the book:
A small mistake could potentially haunt your for years to come, and one little 'slip' could be what haunts Stan for the rest of his life.

My review:
It seems that I should have reviewed this on taco Tuesday because that is where all the trouble began in this book. I mean, who doesn't like taco Tuesday? That is unless it is Wednesday and you have now done what Stan, the main character,has done! The title of the book gives a huge hint.

Being a former teacher, farts in the classroom or inevitable and kids tend to giggle (and sometimes teachers too). Usually, it "passes" and life goes on but as I read about Stan, I felt sorry for this kid. I mean there is no giggle here. We all get embarrassed of course, but poor Stan...well, he has to live with it forever!

Such a cute book to illustrate something that happens and the embarrassment that can follow. 

The illustrations were minimum for what is meant to be a picture book and not a wow factor at all. However, for young readers the sentences are complex and of course, quite funny. The story itself gets a high five.

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author. The views here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Michelle, Reading Authors Network

Find the author:

No comments: