Sunday, October 23, 2022

Review: A Big Night In Booville by Slade Stone #Halloween #mummy #picturebooks #birthdays


This is a cute book that tells the tale of Wilson, the mummy who is ready for the "Big Day." Of course everyone knows that the day is Halloween. Or is it? Hmm...? Everyone seems to have forgotten that this may be something even BIGGER for Wilson.

I love the big bold characters that have come to "life" in this book. Each page made me smile. Even though this is considered a Halloween-ish book, the colors are muted bright colors and don't make the book gloomy. It is perfect for young and old alike to share.

Another plus for this book, is that it is not just a simple picture book but one that a little bit older kids can read to younger children. The more complex sentences are well put together for an overall good story. 


In addition the book lends itself to conversations parents can have with their children about a variety of topics: secrets, disappointments, fun, friends, birthdays, expectations. To me, this is quite the win for such a book.

This book gets 4 pumpkins from me.

Disclosure:I purchased a copy of this book for my own collections. The views presented here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Michelle, Reading Authors Network

No comments: