Saturday, October 19, 2019

Day 19: In the Footsteps of Frankenstein by Steve Parker #Halloween #middlegrade #monsters #CryptKeeper




My review:

When I first picked up this book, I thought it might be just a retelling of the classic book from Mary Shelley. In fact, it is and isn't.

The author of this particular book broke apart the story into 37 pages by first posting about Mary Shelley and how the story got told. *spoiler* It was a "ghost" story she told to friends on a boring night and eventually wrote.

Mary Shelley

The book then goes on to tell the story on one side of the pages and compares it to what was happening at the time (and now) and to subsequent movies in later years. The compare and contrast is awesome!

I love on pages 16-17 where the author details how the monster looked. *spoiler* Did you know that Mary Shelley barely described the monster? Most details are from movies.

I cannot say enough about this book and glad I own it. I would recommend this for 8+
The book gets 5 pumpkins from me.

Disclosure: I purchased a copy of this book for my own collections. The opinions expressed here are 100% my own and may differ from yours.

~Your CryptKeeper,
Michelle

No comments: