Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Stumpkin by Lucy Ruth Cummins #Halloween #pumpkins #individuality



Summary:
Stumpkin is the most handsome pumpkin on the block. He’s as orange as a traffic cone! Twice as round as a basketball! He has no bad side! He’s perfect choice for a Halloween jack-o-lantern.

There’s just one problem—Stumpkin has a stump, not a stem. And no one seems to want a stemless jack-o-lantern for their window.

As Halloween night approaches, more and more of his fellow pumpkins leave, but poor Stumpkin remains. Will anyone give Stumpkin his chance to shine?

My review: 
Each pumpkin was taken from a shop a little at a time. Each was turned into a jack-o-lantern and sat in a window. Stumpkin was the only one left because he had no stem. On Halloween night he finally gets taken by...

As I was reading along, suddenly there was two black pages. This seemed that Stumpkin was doomed. In fact, I thought the book had ended, leaving this reader to wonder what happened to the poor pumpkin. Fortunately, I realized just to turn the page.

Although this book was simplistic, I really truly liked everything about it. First of all, there is the illustrations. Every page is done in browns, blacks, splashes of orange, and touches of green. This gave the feeling of a bit of spookiness without being spooky.

Also, the whole point in this book, at least in my mind, was to be yourself and be patient because good things will come about if you do.

This book gets 4 pumpkins from me.

Disclosure: I borrowed this book from the local library. The views here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Michelle

Where to find the author:
Amazon


No comments: