Monday, April 10, 2017

Review: Gwynne, Fair & Shining by Stephanie Lisa Tara #AtoZBlogChallenge #G


Summary:
Gwynne, Fair & Shining is a twenty-four-page children's book, written in verse, about a young girl who learns she is special and can be anything she wants to be.

My review:
Reading this story, I was a bit confused about where it was heading. The story starts out as a "Cinderella-esq" type of girl and moves from there. There are fantasy and music with fun but the story simply did not flow well. Also, the poetry came off as contrived. This was unfortunate.

I cannot say that I hate this book but I also cannot figure out how it is an award winner. However, the ending message that girls, in particular, can do anything they want is loud and clear.

The only thing I think may have helped it is the style of illustrations. The colors are muted but they are whimsy and fun as the intention of the whole book was meant to be.

Overall, I suppose I can give this book a 3-star review as it was simply okay in my mind.

Disclosure: I purchased a Kindle copy of this book. The review here is 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~M.M. aka Naila Moon


No comments: