Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Review: Never Mail An Elephant by Mike Thaler/Illustrated by Jerry Smith #AtoZBlogChallenge #N



Summary:
It seemed like a good idea at the time, but find out what happens when our young hero tries to mail an elephant to his cousin for her birthday.

My review:
I absolutely laughed out loud at the reading of this book, Never Mail An Elephant. The absurdity of mailing an elephant is enough, but the process the young character went through was hilarious!

The author and illustrator obviously worked closely together to make this an adorable book. The cartoonish illustrations worked perfectly together. I especially loved the look on the mailman's face and the elephant peeping out from the mailbox. What a hoot! Oh, and the stamps...the stamps! *laughs*

This is one of those books that emerging readers will enjoy reading over and over.  Children who cannot read will want the book read to them repeatedly as well.

Terrific book and 5 stars.

Disclosure: I purchased a copy of this book for my own collection. The views here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~M.M. aka Naila Moon



No comments: