About the book:
A heart-breaking, inspiring autobiography by a teenager who shows us that, beyond everything, there is always hope for a better future.
My review:
I truly admired this story of a woman who came from a war-torn country to the United States as a child. Her story is tragic from the beginning as she sees and endures many things a young child should never see which includes abuses and even murder.
Do not get me wrong, that is not what I admired. However, what I did see is a young girl who wanted to live a better life and had a dream. Her dream kept her alive and the support of a loving family made it happen!
She writes her story along with her adoptive mom almost in a child-like manner even though she is now an adult. You cannot help but feel her pain and her joy as she moves through her writing as much as she moves through her ballet. It is a delicate dance and one you want to hope for her.
This is not only a book of survival but a book of true hope and worth reading. I will caution you to bring some tissues along with you as you read.
4 stars.
Disclosure: I purchased a copy of this book for my own collection. The views here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Michelle, Reading Authors Network
Where to find the author:

No comments:
Post a Comment