Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Trixie the Halloween Fairy by Daisy Meadow #CountdowntoHalloween2024 #book series #fairies


I picked up a copy of this book from my local library to read for "Halloween." This is a cute chapter book story about a fairy who has lost the magical candy of Halloween and needs help from two human fairies. Adventure is pursued across town and through Halloween.

The story line is rather repetitive but understood for young readers. This book is basically aimed at girls who like pretend play and fairies. The characters are not highly developed and that is the fault of this book. I could have seen more of the girls being much more powerful as detectives on the case and not so one sided.

I would not really recommend it for all kids but a decent book at that, especially for children who need reading practice. It works well for Halloween too as that is the general premise. This book is in a series and written by three authors.  

I give the book 3 pumpkins.

Disclosure: I picked up a copy of this book from my local library. The views here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Michelle, Reading Authors Network


No comments: