Thursday, July 28, 2022

Peter and the Whimper-Whineys by Sherrill S. Cannon #childrensbooks #coloringbooks




I read the original version of this book back in 2016. My original review is below. I love that the author is turning some of her best sellers into coloring books for a newer generation. The story is the same and worth telling, but children can now color Peter and the cast of characters as they learn about what it means to be whiney. Some adults could learn this lesson too! Still 5 stars! ~Michelle, Reading Authors Network


------------Original review of the book----------
I think if there was one book to read to children about being whiney, this is it! I loved the re-hashed family story that the author put her own spin to. Apparently, this story had been told by her own mother many times over, the author simply put it to rhyme. She did that very well, I might add.

This story is meant to be a "moral" story making note of consequences for ones actions. I was totally immersed! Even being adult, I got it and kids would too.

The illustrations were top notch which is quite interesting since they were all in dark and muted colors for most of the book. This may seem odd for a children's book but actually it is quite purposeful in this case and worked well.

Every kid, everywhere, needs to read this book. 5 stars without a doubt!

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author for my open and honest opinion. The views expressed here are 100% my own and may differ with yours. ~Michelle aka Naila Moon, Reading Authors Network

No comments: