Saturday, October 1, 2016

Review: Wiley & Grampa's Creature Feature: Grampa's Zombie BBQ by Kirk Scroggs



Summary:
Grampa's annual barbecue is crashed by hundreds of rotting residents from Eternal Naps cemetery. Soon, Wiley accidentally bakes Grampa's foot to a crisp, Merle the cat battled zombified bugs, and Vera the world's worst lunch lady whips up her secret side dish.

My review:
I am zombie friendly. They humor me and in this book the whole cast of zombies, grandpa, and neighbors humored me. 
I could not imagine being invited to the best BBQ in the county only to have zombies show up that want to eat me. Essentially, that is what happens in this book and the ensuing way to get rid of them is a riot.
I found the ingenuity genius!

This book was like one big cartoon from a newspaper with colorful scenery and outrageous characters to make this chapter book fun. Kids will love to see what happens next with every flip turn and will get a chuckle or two along the way. I sure did!

This is a terrific book for the early reader who is interested in zombies and wants a good laugh.
4 stars.




No comments: