Thursday, January 14, 2016

Review: Shoo, Fly! You Can't Eat Here by Liller Hamilton



Summary:
He must have been very hungry because... The common housefly is an unwelcome pest that will find its way into your home, school, business, and even the White House to get a meal. But the kindergarten students in Shoo, Fly! are determined not to share their well-balanced lunches with a hungry fly!

My review:
At first when I was to receive this book, I thought it might be along the lines of the song, "Shoo, Fly, Don't Bother Me," the fact of the matter is, it wasn't.
The story line was not that great at all. In fact, if anything, it was the same concept over and over, just a different child.

I got the idea that having bugs around food is not good, that kids should eat healthy food, and that we are all different, but that is where it ends and begins. I am not sure a young reader would get any of that out of reading this book. In fact, I am pretty sure the attention span of a child being read to would last about 2.5 seconds, if that long.

The illustrations were ok but mostly it was the same picture with only a slight variance to match the words on the opposite page. At least the pictures were large to semi-qualify as a picture book.

I really wish I could say I was impressed with the book as a whole, but I am not. 3 stars and that is only because of the concepts and I did not completely hate it.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my open and honest opinion. The views expressed here are 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Naila Moon

Where to find the author:
Amazon

No comments: