Monday, December 30, 2013

Resolving To Read in 2014



Obviously, it is not secret I like to read. I always prefer the printed word but sometimes that is just impossible so, I own a Kindle too.

This past year I challenged myself to read a mere 12 books. I thought I would do good to finish that.  As it turns out, I read that in about...oh...a couple of months. I ended up logging 32. I know I read more than that!

As I am approaching the new year, I am asking myself what do I want to do this coming year to challenge myself. I turned to Goodreads first because that is where I took on the challenge this past year.  My eyes fell upon several people who were offering book challenges. Oh my, what to choose!

I have decided to do this:

1. I have challenged myself to read 52 books. If you have not already figured it out, that is a book a week.
    This can be from any genre I choose.

2. I am going to do a challenge to read 12 children's books written by Latina authors and/or feature Latina
    characters or themes.

3. I am going to do a challenge to read 6 children's books written by African American authors.

4. I am going to do a challenge to read 6 children's books written by Native American authors.

5. I am going to do a challenge to read 6 children's books written about various special needs.

All the books read can be crossed over to my over all 52. In addition, I will review each book as I always do here on my blog as well as crossposted to Goodreads and Amazon.

This should be some fun!  If you wish to join me then great, otherwise, wish me luck!

~Naila Moon



2014 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

2 comments:

Cindy L. Rodriguez said...

Yay! Thanks for joining the Latin@s in Kid Lit Reading Challenge!

Anonymous said...

I hope you reach your reading challenge goals! And thanks for participating in the Outdo Yourself reading challenge :)