Sunday, April 25, 2021

Review: Fangs by Sarah Anderson #comic #vampires #werewolves #macabre #gothic



About the book:

Elsie the vampire is three hundred years old, but in all that time, she has never met her match. This all changes one night in a bar when she meets Jimmy, a charming werewolf with a wry sense of humor and a fondness for running wild during the full moon. Together they enjoy horror films and scary novels, shady strolls, fine dining (though never with garlic), and a genuine fondness for each other’s unusual habits, macabre lifestyles, and monstrous appetites.

My review:

I have to start by saying that I love the cover of this book. The book is hard bound and the vampiress is imprinted into the book, giving it an interesting feel.

Then I opened the book and I have to say, I was in love. It is a different book that I would normally read because it is cartoon form.
The lines drawn were crisp and quirky and tells the story of a modern day wolf who meets a vampiress in a bar for monsters. The two unlikely characters get to know each other and fall in love. The story moves through like any other love story except with the addition of their personalities as we would know them to be.

This is by far a winner for me. I will certainly read it over and over, and I highly recommend it.

Disclosure: I purchase a copy of this book for my own collections. The view here is 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Michelle

Where to find author:
Goodreads

No comments: