Friday, November 14, 2014

Review: A Turkey For Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting/Illustrated by Diane de Groat

Summary:
Mr. and Mrs. Moose invite all their animal friends for Thanksgiving dinner and the only one missing is Turkey. When they set out to find him, Turkey is quaking with fear because he doesn't realize that his hosts want him at their table, not on it.

My review:
This adorable book is a great twist on the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. All the animals are invited to sit down and have dinner but the turkey has never been invited. I can't imagine why?

I found the books illustrations to be bold and quite eye catching as I would expect from a Scholastic book. Watching Mr. Moose's interactions and search for a turkey with his animal friends was humorous enough but once they found him, I wanted to laugh out loud.

I won't give away the ending here but this book is well worth the purchase price and a great book for kids 5-8 to read alone or with family.

5 stars!
Disclosure: I purchased a copy of this book for my own use. The views expressed here are 100% my own.

Where you can find the author:


Amazon
Goodreads

No comments: