Thursday, September 29, 2022

COMING IN NOVEMBER: Resurrecting Picture Book Month! #PictureBookEmbassador #NationalPictureBookMonth #PictureBookMonth #November #DianneCasas



Hello my dear readers!

Dianne de Las Casas was a well-known children's book author and story teller who founded National Picture Book Month. I was an ambassador for the effort. Her efforts for the love of reading and telling stories to children became so well known nation wide, that the ALA joined her in her celebration.



Sadly, she passed away in 2017 and the links to her dot com no longer exists.

However, in her honor and my personal love for reading, I want to resurrect Picture Book Month. I do not wish to step in her shoes but to start a new legacy in her footsteps. I feel children not only need to read as a fundamental piece in life, to imagine new places in the world, to laugh, to cry, to understand life, but also to see their own stories in books. I want children to have a passion for reading and celebrating picture books is the beginning of that very idea.

So, as of today, I am announcing the new November Picture Book Month in memory of Dianne de Las Casas. If you would like to join me, simply copy the photo above that she created initially, put in on your blog and social media, and then make some sort of post. Please makes sure to link back to this posting.

I will be sharing picture books all month long including some books that Dianne had written. In your own posts share at least one picture book. AUTHORS: If you would like for me to include your picture books, simply contact me at nailamoon1968 at gmail dot com.

Thanks to all those who loved her but more importantly, who loved (as she did) picture books!

Michelle, Reading Authors Network

No comments: