Monday, August 3, 2015

Review: Itty Bitty Kitty by Joan Holub/Illustrated by James Burks



Summary:
Ava wants a pet, but Mom and Dad say she's too little. So when she finds a kitty, Ava decides to name him Itty Bitty and keep him a secret. There's just one tiny problem: Itty Bitty starts growing and growing and growing . . . until he's neither itty nor bitty! Kids will laugh and cheer along as Ava and Itty Bitty try to keep Mom and Dad from discovering their not-so-little secret!

My Review:
Have you or someone you have known ever want a pet of your own? I know I have! This book is all about that want becoming a reality in a fun way.

Joan Holub does it again in this book when she writes about Ava who wants a kitty. Her writing style is not completely in rhyme but many fun rhyming words are included. I loved some of the words like: cutie pattotie and of course itty bitty.

I liked how Ava tries to hide her kitty until the right time to tell mom and dad but the hiding gets a little out of hand. The story was absolutely adorable and the twist at the end was priceless.
I can tell you that my grandchildren have had me read this to them several times already because the love it so much.

The illustrations include Ava's own drawing of cats all over the house which is a fun little secret in itself. The pictures were larger than life, bold, and colorful which added to the overall greateness of this book.

I urge you to pick up a copy today and without a doubt this book gets 5 stars!

Disclosure: I received this book for my open and honest opinion.
The review here is 100% my own and may differ from yours. ~Naila Moon

Where to find author:


Joan Holub is co-author of the best-selling Goddess Girls series, the Grimmtastic Girls series, and the Heroes in Training series. Her picture book Little Red Writing received three starred reviews and has been named to many Best-of lists. Her mighty cool dad inspired the creation of the picture book, Mighty Dads

 Amazon | Goodreads | Facebook

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds adorable. Itty Bitty Kitty looks quite large on the cover. :)
@dino0726 from 
FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews