Saturday, December 6, 2014

We interrupt this book blog for interpretation! #vlogging #signlanguage #captions

I am not sure if you are aware of the fact that I am 95% deaf. The following video was made by a book blogger who is 100% deaf. She has brought up an issue that is very well noted by me but one I am also guilty for.
Captioning for videos and sign language interpreters for book blog events.

I do not caption my videos at all. I suppose it is because I usually do my videos in one take so, I have no script. It takes awhile to go back and put in the captions. Terrible excuse and a sad one at that. I need them too!
There is an option to click on Google captioning for all videos now. It is not the best because it uses voice recognition and sometimes gets it wrong but it is better that nothing. Maybe we as a book-ish community at least need to get better. 

Check out her video and consider what she has to say. 
Thanks!





No comments: