Monday, October 7, 2013

Review of Zombie Town by R.L. Stine



In the 90's my kids loved watching the "Goosebumps" Series by R. L. Stine. They simply could not get enough of them. The fact was, I liked the shows too. They also read and absorbed his books.

Recently, I decided to purchase a couple of the authors individual titles to read for myself. The first of which is Zombie Town.

The book opens with two suburbanite kids, Karen and Mike who go to the local theater to see a hot new movie called "Zombie Town". Even though the movie is supposed to be popular, they find themselves all alone in the theatre.

Thinking this is quite weird, the two settle down to watch the movie although Mike is very uneasy of the situation. Karen assures him there is no such thing as zombies.

Just as the movie begins it also abruptly ends. The two go to figure out what the issue is only to find themselves locked in and soon being chased by the very zombies that were on the screen. In fact, the theatre becomes inundated with them.

Escaping they find the town to have also changed and zombies invading. Their pursuit of survival is based on their friendship and family. Or is it?

The book ends in an unexpected twist but only one that R.L. Stine can do.
------------------

As before, R. L. Stine did not disappoint me in his writing. The book kept me wanting more and more. Of course it was a short read and I read it in nothing flat but I simply could not put it down until I was done. I am looking forward to the next one!

4 stars.
~Naila Moon

2 comments:

LA Botchar said...

I'll have to check this one out. My son wants to watch The Walking Dead with me - but he just turned nine. this might be a better option for him

Cathy Kennedy said...

My youngest daughter loved RL Stine when she was little. I think her early writings was based on his style. Good review!